My friend Ernie brought this promotional record to my attention, and he has himself posted the contents in two of his giant Christmas collections. But I wanted to post it, too, because the records that the Mercury artists introduce have all appeared on my main blog at one time or another. But you don't have to go chasing them - I've packaged the bundle together in this single post.The singers involved are Vic Damone, John Laurenz, Frankie Laine and Eddy Howard, all leading artists for Mercury in 1948. This particular promo record went out to disk jockeys with hopes that they would play the contents as introductions to the vocalists' respective Christmas offerings.
First, Vic Damone promotes his coupling of "White Christmas" and "Christmas Morn," which I included as part of a Damone holiday collection not long ago.
![]() |
| John Laurenz |
His record is "A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year," which appeared in a holiday compilation back in 2018. I hope to prepare a post devoted to Laurenz's other recordings for the main blog in the new year.
Frankie Laine promotes his "Tara Talara Tala" and "You're All I Want for Christmas." My other blog shared these tunes back in 2016 as part of a Mercury holiday LP that also included the Eddy Howard selections in this group ("The Christmas Song" and "I'll Be Home for Christmas") - and the Damone items for that matter.
![]() |
| Billboard, November 13, 1948 |
Thanks again to Ernie, and happy holidays to all!



7 comments:
Link (Apple lossless):
https://mega.nz/file/aJ0liYaJ#Lb6m115L1by1Twmd8HT2J4OOxNeqySncVhrNea_DAEw
Fantastic. It's 8.30 AM here and Christmas Morn from Vic Damone is playing. How nice do you want it. Thanks Buster
You've been busy! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
Merry Christmas, Ron!
And to you and Meredith, as well!
Very cool! Merry Christmas!
Thanks, Johnny - my best holiday wishes to you, as well!
Post a Comment