Another "orphaned" Jeri Southern track - by that I mean a song that didn't appear on LP and hasn't been reissued, to my knowledge (which can be faulty, admittedly).
It's a good one - "What Do You See in Her" - well suited to Southern's typical approach. It's on the flip side of "An Occasional Man," which if not a hit, at least made it into the Billboard Top 100 in 1955.
Composer Frank Weldon may be best known for "Christmas in Killarney." Lyricist Hal David worked with Burt Bacharach for many years.
Frank Merriweather directs the orchestra, and the Decca sound is good.
There are two collections of Jeri Southern singles on my other blog, Big 10-Inch Record. Another orphaned track, "Querida," appeared here recently.

2 comments:
Link (Apple lossless format):
http://www.mediafire.com/?92gws8dtwq0490w
I do love Jeri, and I like this tune a lot. Many thanks, Buster
Post a Comment