Here, Morgan sounds wistful, which is right for the lyrics. On this and her other records, she is too bland for my taste - but she was popular at the time. She pronounces "fascination" as "fasceenation," which sounds wrong to me, but I am no expert on such things.
Morgan was backed by the Troubadors, who made other records for Kapp at the time. The aural evidence suggests they comprised violin, bass, accordion, vibraphone and guitar. This combination of accordion and vibraphone allowed them to simulate the sound of the cimbalom used on the soundtrack. I can find no other information on the Troubadors, and I don't own any of their few LPs.This single has Morgan's vocal version of "Fascination" on one side, and a "whistling instrumental" of that tune on the other. The unidentified whistler sounds like Muzzy Marcellino of "The High and the Mighty" fame, although that's just a guess as to his identity.

5 comments:
Links (Apple lossless):
https://mega.co.nz/#!iFVACTjC!IQhNIy4h9CjT3XDNL0UZKi4gsbZ4yVqnr8PFtV42kZU
http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/37677822/file.html
My copy of this record which I purchased when it came out as the B-side as Fascination by The Troubadors. It's Kapp 191. Have a great day. Calaco
Thanks Buster - I will check this out....gladly!
My last comment was deleted...sorry... Wanted to say: "Thank you very much!" :)
Post a Comment